Help others by introducing this Website www.newresults.net to your friends and Relatives. Thank you !!!
“It may be that, among Indian states, the Vijayanagara state does come closest to some form of ‘feudalism’, but the difference between this ‘war state’ and others in Europe and Japan to which the label ‘feudal’ has been applied are so fundamental that the concept does not provide a useful framework for discussing the social order at the time”.
(1) D.C. Sircar
(2) Nilakanta Sastri
(3) A. Krishnaswami
(4) Burton Stein
2. Read the following passage :
“I visited the buildings of Man Singh and Bikramajit thoroughly. They are wonderful buildings, entirely of hewn stone, in heavy and unsymmetrical blocks however, of all the Rajas’ buildings Man Singh’s is the best and loftiest”.
Who expressed these views after visiting the royal buildings of Gwalior ?
(4) Shah Jahan
3. Which of the following sources has narrated the history of the first nineteen years of the reign of Abdullah Qutub Shah (1626 – 72) which is more like a diary of the Qutub Shahi court and gives account of the social life and the administration of the Kingdom ?
(1) Mir Rafi ud-Din’s Tazkirat ul Muluk
(2) Mirza Nizamuddin Ahmad’s Haqiqat-u-Salatin
(3) Mansa Ram’s Maasir-i Nizami
(4) Tabatabai’s Burhan-i Maasir
4. Under the Mughals peshkash and nazr were two distinct forms of offering presents to the emperor. Aurangzeb reorganised the terminology.
Which of the following statement is not correct in this regard ?
(1) All peshkash in cash to be called nazr.
(2) Niaz should be used for the gifts of princes.
(3) Nisar should be used for the gifts of the nobles.
(4) Nazr was to be offered in thanks-giving felicitous occasions of lesser importance
5. Which of the following is not correct about Indian technology under the Mughals ?
(1) The world-famous textiles were produced without the aid of multi-spindle wheels.
(2) The seagoing vessels did not have any modern nautical instruments except the astrolabe.
(3) The massive Mughal monuments were constructed with the help of such elementary aids as the wheel-barrow.
(4) Even such elementary objects as screws with proper grooves essential for most mechanical processes were not produced.
6. Term ‘Chakla’ has been used in medieval Indian history sources. It means :
(1) identical to pargana
(2) identical to sarkar
(3) identical to tappa
(4) territorial unit between suba and pargana, but not necessarily identical to sarkar
7. Which of the following statement is not correct ?
(1) In Khalisa Sharifa, the taxes were collected for the Imperial treasury.
(2) The Jagirs were regularly transferred, and an area might at one time be in the Khalisa, at another time assigned in Jagir.
(3) Jamadami had no role in Jagir assignments.
(4) Mansabdars were assigned Jagirs in lieu of cash salary.
8. Which of the following items presented by the English to the court of Jahangir was viewed as ‘wonder to the Mongol’ ?
(1) Sea – coal
(3) Mechanical clock
(4) Printed books in Arabic and Persian
9. Regarding which of the following institutions Manucci makes the following impassioned reference :
“When any hungry wretch takes it into his head to ruin the Kingdom”, he goes to the King and says to him “Sire! If your Majesty will give me the permission to raise money and a certain number of armed men, I will pay so many millions”.
10. Population of Mughal India is estimated by scholars using various variables. Which of the following statement is not correct in this regard ?
(1) Moreland has estimated the population of Mughal India on the basis of extent of cultivated area (arazi).
(2) Moreland has estimated the population of the Deccan and South India on the basis of civilian : soldier ratio.
(3) Ashok V. Desai has estimated the population of Mughal India on the basis of total and per capita land revenue.
(4) Kingsley Davis has modified moreland’s figures of India’s population from 100 million to 145 million.
THE 3 WEEK DIET is a revolutionary new diet system that not only guarantees to help you lose weight — it promises to help you lose more weight — all body fat — faster than anything else you’ve ever tried. Click Here!
UNLOCK YOUR HIP FLEXORS -> INSTANTLY RELEASING YOUR HIP FLEXORSClick Here!
* Check out
NET RESULT - JANUARY 2017