Help others by introducing this Website www.newresults.net to your friends and Relatives. Thank you !!!
2. Match the social movements mentioned in the List – I with the regions mentioned in List – II, in which they were founded. Select the correct code given below :
List – I List – II
(a) Paramhansa Mandali (i) Punjab
(b) Kayastha Sabha (ii) Maharashtra
(c) Sarin Sabha (iii) Kerala
(d) Sri Narayan Dharma Paripalan Sabha (iv) Uttar Pradesh
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(1) (ii) (iv) (i) (iii)
(2) (i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
(3) (iv) (iii) (ii) (i)
(4) (iii) (i) (iv) (ii)
3. Given below are two statements, one labelled as Assertion (A) and the other labelled as
Reason (R) :
Assertion (A) : Some held the view that under a socialist government colonialism could play a positive civilizing role.
Reason (R) : Such a view was often used by some sections in the socialist movement to support the colonial policies of their respective governments.
In the context of the above statements which of the following is correct ?
(1) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(2) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(3) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(4) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
4. Match List – I with List – II and select the correct answer from the codes given below :
List – I List – II
(President of Indian National Congress) (Year)
(a) Rahimatullah Sayani (i) 1887
(b) Badruddin Tyabji (ii) 1896
(c) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (iii) 1913
(d) Nawab Syed Mahomed (iv) 1945
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(1) (ii) (iii) (i) (iv)
(2) (iv) (ii) (i) (iii)
(3) (ii) (i) (iv) (iii)
(4) (iv) (i) (iii) (ii)
5. Who authored the book – The Indian Struggle 1935 – 1942 ?
(1) Lala Lajpat Rai
(2) Motilal Nehru
(3) Pattabhi Sitaramayya
(4) Subhas Chandra Bose
6. Which of the following was observed as the “Direct Action Day” by the Muslim League ?
(1) 16th June 1946
(2) 16th July 1946
(3) 16th August 1946
(4) 16th September 1946
7. Which of the following rulers of larger states expressed their desire to remain Independent as early as June 1947 ?
(1) Travancore and Bhopal
(2) Jodhpur and Junagarh
(3) Jaipur and Udaipur
(4) Mysore and Baroda
8. “Prose of Counter-Insurgency”, which is regarded as a classic statement of the Subaltern School was written by :
(1) David Arnold
(2) Gayatri Chakrabarty-Spivak
(3) Ranajit Guha
(4) Dipesh Chakrabarty
9. Who observed that : “Just as Darwin discovered the law of development of organic nature, so Marx discovered the law of development of human history” ?
(1) Frederich Engels
(2) A.J.P. Taylor
(3) Charles A. Beard
(4) A. Marwick
10. Consider the following statements concerning Indian national historiography :
(a) It eagerly searched for national identity.
(b) Emotional approach did not take over the place of reason.
(c) The ideal of objectivity hardly became a casualty at the hands of nationalist historian.
(d) There was glorification of ancient Indian past.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below :
(1) (a), (b) and (d) are correct
(2) (b) and (c) are correct
(3) (b), (c) and (d) are correct
(4) (a) and (d) are correct
THE 3 WEEK DIET is a revolutionary new diet system that not only guarantees to help you lose weight — it promises to help you lose more weight — all body fat — faster than anything else you’ve ever tried. Click Here!
UNLOCK YOUR HIP FLEXORS -> INSTANTLY RELEASING YOUR HIP FLEXORSClick Here!
* Check out
NET RESULT - JANUARY 2017