NTA UGC NET July 2018 EDUCATION Paper-2 Mock Test – Part 1
1. Which one of the following combinations gives a correct reason for including philosophy of education in Teacher Education Curriculum ?
(a) Philosophy is an oldest discipline
(b) Philosophy helps in understanding educational concepts in a holistic way
(c) Philosophy and education are two sides of the same coin
(d) Philosophy helps in developing a better personality of prospective teachers
(e) Philosophical analysis of educational concepts helps in developing a rational view point
(1) (a), (b), (c) and (e)
(2) (b), (c) and (e)
(3) (b), (c), (d) and (e)
(4) (a), (b), (c) and (d)
2. Which of the following reflects the stance to be taken by a teacher advocating existentialist education ?
(1) Values cannot be taught
(2) Values are subjective and personal
(3) Values are essentially contextual but objective
(4) Values are derived from market forces
3. “Prayer cannot be offered with an empty stomach”. This statement will get support from __________.
(4) Logical positivism
4. Assertion(A) : Maya takes a contrary view to Brahman.
Reason(R) : Maya creates an illusory world.
Select the correct code from the following :
(1) Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(2) Both (A) and (R) are correct but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(3) Both (A) and (R) are not correct.
(4) (A) is incorrect while (R) is correct.
5. Select the correct combination of concepts which will represent Buddhism.
(i) Anekantvada (ii) Vaibhashik (iii) Pabajja
(iv) Sanskar (v) Sautantrik (vi) Syadvada
(1) (i), (ii), (iii) and (v)
(2) (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv)
(3) (ii), (iii), (iv) and (vi)
(4) (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v)
6. Match the following two sets. Set – I provides the form of causation while Set – II gives the name of metaphysical entities as postulated by Sankhya Philosophy.
|Set – I||Set – II|
|(Form of causation)||(Metaphysical entities)|
|(a) Cause only||(i) Purusa|
|(b) Effect only||(ii) Tanmatras|
|(c) Both cause and effect||(iii) Sensory and Motor organs|
|(d) Neither cause nor effect||(iv) Ishwar|
|(a) (b) (c) (d)|
|(1)||(v) (ii) (iv) (iii)|
|(2)||(iv) (i) (v) (iii)|
|(3)||(iv) (i) (v) (ii)|
|(4)||(v) (iii) (ii) (i)|
7. The ultimate purpose of Gandhian education is the :
(1) Creation of a classless society
(2) Promotion of human beings
(3) Development of a human and awakened society
(4) Salvation for all
8. Sri Aurobindo’s idea of supermind implies that :
(1) Darwinian theory is relevant, hence education cannot do much
(2) The task of a teacher is to uplift the awakened consciousness of human beings
(3) A teacher has to integrate psychology, biology and education in his/her teaching
(4) Education can achieve its divine purpose through meditation
9. Below are two sets. Set – I mentions thinkers while Set – II consists of schools of thought associated with them. Match the two and choose from the code to indicate your answer.:
|Set – I||Set – II|
|(Thinkers)||(Schools of thought)|
|(a) A.J. Ayer||(i) Linguistic analysis|
|(b) Wittgenstein||(ii) Logical Positivism|
|(c) Bertrend Russel||(iii) Neorealism|
|(d) G.E. Moore||(iv) Positive Relativism|
|(v) Logical Empiricism|
|(v) Logical Atomism|
|(a) (b) (c) (d)|
|(1)||(i) (ii) (v) (iv)|
|(2)||(i) (ii) (iii) (v)|
|(3)||(ii) (i) (vi) (iii)|
|(4)||(ii) (i) (iii) (v)|
10. Which of the following will not be assented to by Indian Constitution ?
(i) Liberty, equality, fraternity and justice
(ii) Republic and a Democratic society
(iii) Religion, God and Salvation
(iv) Racialism and Regionalism
(v) Vasudhaiv Kutumbkam and Universal brotherhood
(1) (i), (ii) and (v)
(2) (i), (ii) and (iv)
(3) (iii) and (iv)
(4) (iii), (iv) and (v)