NTA UGC NET November 2017 Question Paper-1 Mock Test – Part 1
Question Number: 1
1. Which of the following set of statements best represents the nature and objective of teaching and learning ?
(a) Teaching is like selling and learning is like buying.
(b) Teaching is a social act while learning is a personal act.
(c) Teaching implies learning whereas learning does not imply teaching.
(d) Teaching is a kind of delivery of knowledge while learning is like receiving it.
(e) Teaching is an interaction and is triadic in nature whereas learning is an active engagement in a subject domain.
(1) (a), (d) and (e)
(2) (b), (c) and (e)
(3) (a), (b) and (c)
(4) (a), (b) and (d)
Question Number: 2
2. From the list given below identify the learner characteristics which would facilitate teachinglearning system to become effective. Choose the correct code to indicate your answer.
(a) Prior experience of learner
(b) Learner’s family lineage
(c) Aptitude of the learner
(d) Learner’s stage of development
(e) Learner’s food habits and hobbies
(e) Learner’s religious affiliation
(1) (a), (c) and (d)
(2) (d), (e) and (f)
(3) (a), (d) and (e)
(4) (b), (c) and (f)
Question Number: 3
3. Assertion (A) : All teaching implies learning.
Reason (R) : Learning to be useful must be derived from teaching.
Choose the correct answer from the following :
(1) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(2) Both (A) and (R) are true but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(3) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(4) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
Question Number: 4
4. On the basis of summative tests, a teacher is interpreting his/her students, performance in terms of their wellness life style evident in behaviour. This will be called :
(1) Formative testing
(2) Continuous and comprehensive evaluation
(3) Norm – referenced testing
(4) Criterion – referenced testing
Question Number: 5
5. Which one of the following is a key behaviour in effective teaching ?
(1) Using student ideas and contribution
(3) Instructional variety
Question Number: 6
6. Which of the following research types focuses on ameliorating the prevailing situations ?
(1) Fundamental Research
(2) Applied Research
(3) Action Research
(4) Experimental Research
Question Number: 7
7. A researcher attempts to evaluate the effect of method of feeding on anxiety – proneness of children. Which method of research would be appropriate for this ?
(1) Case study method
(2) Experimental method
(3) Ex-post-facto method
(4) Survey method
Question Number: 8
8. In which of the following arrangements a wider spectrum of ideas and issues may be made possible ?
(1) Research Article
(2) Workshop mode
Question Number: 9
9. In finalizing a thesis writing format which of the following would form part of supplementary pages ?
(1) List of tables and figures
(2) Table of contents
(3) Conclusions of the study
(4) Bibliography and Appendices
Question Number: 10
10. Which of the following is susceptible to the issue of research ethics ?
(1) Inaccurate application of statistical techniques
(2) Faulty research design
(3) Choice of sampling techniques
(4) Reporting of research findings